Monday, June 21, 2010

Just Another Sketchbook Monday!


Whenever I use that title for a post, I always think of the Bangles singing Manic Monday. (Written by Prince, in case you didn't know)

I haven't had time to do anything other than this little sketch during lunch. I find the visual of a woman wearing her man's dress shirt appealing. When it came time for the hair and face, I thought of Grace Kelly Not going for a likeness here, just the inspiration. If you have never seen Grace Kelly in a movie, you really should check her out Rear Window with Jimmy Stewart. She was a beauty folks.

This was done in a new sketchbook that I am trying out today. It is a 9" x 12" pad of 70lb Canson Drawing Paper. It has a really nice surface that the Col-Erase pencil took to but still erased nice and clean when I wanted it to. When drawing over an area I erased, the tooth of the paper held up nicely. Very nice paper. I'm going to have some fun working on it.

This is Post #991

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I must agree ;)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I always love sketchbook Mondays...and the Bangles song that inspired the title!

Very nice sketch, I do like the blue pencil color.

Paper has teeth? The things I learn from Gene!

Gary

Duedsml said...

The visual, as well as Grace Kelly OMG, works for me.... :-)