Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Gaming Cage! Final Art

It's a double scoop today folks. First up is The Gaming Cage art I did for Fanfare Sports and Entertainment, Inc. This is the final art I sent in yesterday and there were no revisions required. This was a joy to do. The final are will be printed at 5' wide by 2' tall. Should look real cool hanging over the opening to the gaming cage itself.
Second up, is Josie. This is one of the sketches I did in my sketchbook of her. This was the direction I was going but switched to the more sexy pose I posted yesterday. But I still like this pose so I wanted to share it. FYI, the guitar in both images is based on the guitar Rachael Leigh Cook used in the movie JOSIE AND THE PUSSYCATS.




5 comments:

Shane said...

Don't hate me, but I am not a Josie fan. However, both the finished piece and the unused concept are fantastic! I really like them both.

I will be at Heroes, Gene. I have a character in mind that I have been waiting awhile to spring on you! It will be great to get to visit, too!

Gene Gonzales said...

No hating here Shane, just understanding. ;) Looking forward to what you have in store for me at Heroes. Thanks!

Royce Thrower said...

The concept sketch would have worked very well Gene, but the final bersion ROCKED!!

What is it that makes you look at a perfectly acceptable sketch that I am sure Gary would have loved and ultimately decide...nope, not good enough? It is instances like this that make you one of my favorite artists and definitely one of my favorites to get sketches from!!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Geez, now I know why you posted so late yesterday, you were working extra hard on the final Josie piece! This concept piece would have definately made a great piece. At the same time, I am happier with yesterday's final piece because it seem to stretch the Josie character a bit without going over the top. I definately like the way you did the hair (note for future commission) and the guitar as a movie reference! Thanks again!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. The change to the second drawing was just a gut feeling. I tend to do that with commissions. :)

I am glad you are happy with the final art Gary! Thanks again for the commission. :)