Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Enchantress - Conventionless Convention Sketch


The Enchantress © DC Comics

DC Comics Enchantress is another CCS for Vincent. I've always liked this look of the character. I remember being introduced to her in some reprint back up stories. I think it was in Adventure Comics during Supergirl's run on the title. And I think it was Jim Mooney who drew it, but I haven't seen those stories in years so I can't swear to it. Nonetheless I like this look. Thanks Vincent!

This is ink on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Board.

This is Post #1465

3 comments:

Michael Dooney said...

love this one. I am not familiar with the character but she looks cool!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Michael!

LUD! said...

So gorgeous!

Gene, it wasn't Jim Mooney who drew her, but Howard Purcell, who mostly worked on DC's sci-fi and horror stories, but also subbed with Russ Heath on Sea Devils. In the Golden Age, he co-created Sargon the Sorcerer and the Grim Ghost. I also remember he did a 60's Brave and the Bold team-up with Aquaman and Hawkman.

Lud