Thursday, September 15, 2011

Emma Frost - Conventionless Convention Sketch


Emma Frost © Marvel Entertainment

Emma in her latest outfit was Gary's request. I wasn't sure what Emma is wearing these days, and wouldn't recognize it if I saw it, so I hit Twitter for a little crowd sourcing. I asked what is Emma wearing these days and minutes later @TravisEllisor and @ChrisMShields came through with links. And then a bit later, @happysorceress (Happy Birthday Month!) checked in when she saw my tweet to see if anyone helped me out. How great is that? Thanks everyone! And thank you Gary for the commission!

I also recorded the inking of this piece, but it's not complete. I was working along, almost finished when I looked up at the camera and it was off. The memory card was full. I will post what I have either later tonight or tomorrow. And I need a larger memory card.

This is ink and while gel pen on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Board.

This is Post #1451

2 comments:

Chris Shields said...

LOVE IT.

Royce Thrower said...

After turning 50 this past December, I sometimes think I need a larger memory card too Gene! Great Emma by the way! Congrats Gary! Nice choice.