Thursday, September 29, 2011

Electro - Conventionless Convention Sketch


Electro © Marvel Entertainment

I don't get requests for too many Marvel characters, so when Mike gave me a list to choose from I went with Electro. (The other two choices I could have gone with is Spidey and Conan) I believe I have only drawn Electro once before and that was part of a jam piece. Needless to say I had fun with this. Thanks Mike!

It's not too late to get in on the Conventionless Convention Sketch list. This is the last of the initial 20, but the list is still open and there are more sketches to come. Right now my commercial work is extremely light so if you want your own Conventionless Convention Sketch, let me know. Or spread the word to others that might be interested. I belong to very few message boards and I only announce this on Twitter, Google+, and Facebook, so I'm not reaching out beyond those that already follow me. I am open for color commissions too if anyone is interested. Thanks everyone!

This is ink on 11" x 17" Strathmore Bristol Boad.

This is Post #1466

3 comments:

Little John said...

This is a great one gene! Very nice!

Royce Thrower said...

Electrifying! Nice work.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks LJ!

Royce, you shock me with your praise. :)