Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Valentine Vixen #4 - Pencils

Cupid has given up the arrows and is now using a whip. :)

In some ways this piece is a little tighter than the others at this stage. I had sketch this figure out before I knew what I was going to do with her. So when I put her on the light table to tighen up the pose and add the costume, most of it was already there. This is red Col-Erase pencil on 11" x 14" Strathmore Bristol Board. The wings were done in light blue Prismacolor pencil.

5 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Ah WOO Gah!!!

Wow, great one Gene. Love the touch with the "Cat-O-Five-Hearts."

Talk about "Conversation Hearts!" :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I do like the signature block. This is one Valentine vixen I would not want to mess with though!

Gary

Jules said...

Awesome! Love this one.. and can't wait to see her colored :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce! :)

Hey Gary, I think it was you got me started doing the different signature blocks. Thanks!

Hi Julie, thanks! She will be colored shortly.

Jennette McCurdy said...

This one's my favorite vixen, very creative with the whip. The arrows are played out this year.