Saturday, December 6, 2008

Valentine Vixen #2 - Pencils

Here is the second Vixen for my Valentines Day package from CILM. She is still in the early stages but you get the idea. She was done with red Col-Erase pencil on 11" x 17" copy paper. (A little digital touches too) I really shouldn't have been doing this piece right now because I have got a big deadline that is fast approaching. As in, it has to be to the printer on Thursday! And since the part I am doing is needed by others in order to do their parts...I need to get back to work. Sigh.

I made a joke in the comment section the other day about doing a sketch list in March. And I got several emails asking if I would start taking requests now to do in March. Whew! Thanks  to everyone who expressed interest but March would be the earliest that I will do another round of Conventionless Convention Sketches. And I will post here when the list starts. But seriously, thanks for the interest!

Okay, back to work!

7 comments:

Brian Jones said...

Warms my heart just looking at her :) Great one Gene!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks sir!

Robin/Harleychick said...

Oh she is absolutely beautiful Gene~ Cant wait...xo



Have a wonderful Saturday night..!

xo

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Valentine Vixen Part 2 looks great!

Good luck on the deadlines. Don't be late, or we have to send the librarian from the Dec 5 post after you....

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Robin! I hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Wait, I'm confused Gary. I feel I should just forget about the deadline and anticipate my punishment. :)

Royce Thrower said...

Nice one Gene! Not sure how you do it, but you always find just the right balance between cute and sexy, but never trashy. Are you by chance Gil Elvgren reincarnated?

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. As you know I am a big fan of Gil Elvgren and a lot of the pin-up artist from back then. Their sensibilities have probably rubbed off on me and my work.