Saturday, December 27, 2008

Year End Roughs

So I am going with a Saturday Evening Post concept. Not terribly original but I was looking at some New Years Baby covers for the magazine done by J.C. Leyendecker and thought, why not a News Years Babe cover. :) So here are my five roughs for the image.

A: (above) Dark haired beauty, with champagne flute. 1950s style chair. Sexy/quiet celebration. 
B: Cartoony. Sexy cutie riding a champagne cork. Bubbles and champagne exploding around her.
C: 1950s bedtime shot but with laptop. Elvgren inspired. Nighty much like the ones in his paintings. Kitty sleeping. The laptop probably ties in better to the blog.
D: Cutie sitting on bed with sleeping cat. Laptop in front of her, laughing about something Royce posted in the comments.
E: Cutie looking up from cushion on floor where she is using her laptop to visit the blog. Again, night time idea. Mostly because I would tend to post in the evening. This one has pj shorts and pj tank top on.

So those are my final five ideas. I have to decide on which one goes to final art by tomorrow. There will probably be changes in the one I decide on but for the most part the concept is there. All of this ideas were done with blue Col-Erase pencil in my sketchbook.

5 comments:

Craig Zablo said...

If you want input, I'd go with "D."

Gene Gonzales said...

Always looking for feedback. Thanks Craig!

Royce Thrower said...

I like the Saturday Evening "Post" idea for the blog celebration! And Craig has great taste, I agree with him. "D." All are great poses, but "D" is Great-ier.

BaliHa'i Chris said...

I'm a fan of "C", though the B one is pretty cool, also.

Brian Jones said...

I vote for "B" it also ties into the New Year. All are great and I love the Saturday Evening Post idea :)
Still back home visting family but had to throw my 2 cents in and Gene, Jim LOVED the Zatanna!