Sunday, December 28, 2008

Year End - Update

Okay, voting was fast and passionate. There was some harsh things said and some feelings may have been hurt. Somebody from Florida voted twice because that's how we roll down here. I'm not mentioning names but her initials are D.E.E.N.A. And so we are down to these two. We had a three way tie before I voted. Funny how that worked out. I like both for different reasons, but a decision will have to be made and I have to get to work on the final image tomorrow. Decisions, decisions. In case no one noticed before, the top of the piece will say "Gene Gonzales Illustration" in the same font used by Saturday Evening Post. I did tighten up both of these and made a couple of changes to "A" with the addition of the laptop and the champagne bottle and ice bucket.

6 comments:

LUD! said...

"A" is really working for me...

Royce Thrower said...

Gene, when you counted the votes, did Pregnant Chad get a say? I always felt so sorry for him and all the negative publicity surrounding his miraculous conception. Did he ever give birth? The last I heard was a nasty rumor at some point about a lynch mob stringing him up. It was all over the news a few years back...don't remember all the details, just something about hanging chad. People should be more tolerant. I mean, it IS the 21st century for Heaven's sake.

Both of these work well. I like the addition of the laptop into "A." Can't miss either way as both are very cute and are fitting for the occasion. Have fun with it! This would make a great logo or companion pic for your blog! Especially if you colored it. (Hint Hint) :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gee, I leave town for a few days and come back to see all of this going on!

Agree that "A" is the way to go!

Gary

Brandon said...

I love the classy look of "A" but something about "D" is just saying that's the way to go. You can't go wrong with either, but my vote goes to "D"...She looks more like my kind of New Year's Eve girl, and I just can't get past that bellybutton peeking out at me! Good times!

Chris Shields said...

This was a hard choice as they're both awesome. If I have to choose, I'd go with D just because I prefer the girl next door look.

Why not do both? OR Combine them! These girls shouldn't be alone on new year's eve, put them on opposite ends of a couch and do a landscape image!

brinlondo1972 said...

I'd go with D!!! It's just cute and naughty at the same time, and you have to have a cat!!!