Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Sketchbook

I haven't posted some rough sketches in a while so that's what we have today. The snake head was done to work out a creature for PERILS ON PLANET X. The woman in the skirt was early design for a client. I'm sure anyone who knows the Fantastic Four can figure out which one would be a figure for Invisible Woman. Sketching is a very important part of my work. It's not always done in a book. Large Post-Its, scrap paper, copy paper, whatever is lying around gets drawn on around here.

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Invisible woman? Where? I don't see her!

Really like the "face" in the lower left of the page Gene. I always get a kick out of seeing sketches, especially poses and I like the posture on many of these. Keep these coming!

Happy Valentine's tomorrow everybody!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Thanks for sharing! These glimpses into your sketchbook are priceless, you should consider selling the pages if you are willing to part with them. The character in the skirt on the lower right is really cute!

Happy Valentines day!

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - Ha! Invisible Woman. I didn't even think of that. Thanks!

Gary - Maybe one day. I do like revisiting old sketchbooks though. Sometimes an old idea whose time hadn't come yet shows up and becomes something new. I guess I need to print a new sketchbook. Thanks!

Happy Valentine's Day!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Yes, I definately have room on my bookshelf for Volume 3 of your sketchbook! Keep me posted:-)

Gary