Thursday, February 14, 2008

Flying Vampire Apes

This started as a quick pencil sketch. I inked it pretty quickly with a marker brush, scanned it and colored it in Photoshop. The reason for flying vampire apes? Well in the second issue we introduce these winged blood thirsty simian-like creatures. But wait, isn't the winged vampire apes of Planet X supposed to have FOUR arms? Two upper ones that flap the wings??? Yes they do. And this one doesn't. Oops. I was all done with the piece (and my lunch) when I noticed my mistake. Still fun to do though.


Royce Thrower said...

Definitely looking forward to seeing this series in print, Gene. Sounds like it has everything but the kitchen sink in it. Wait. Maybe it DOES have a kitchen sink in it somewhere.

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - Spoiler Alert! The kitchen sink will be introduced in the last issue. Very pivotal role. Worlds will live. Worlds will die. Titans will do that clashing thing they do. ;)


Royce Thrower said...

OMG! Tell me there is a built-in garbage dispose-all that houses the ticked off spirit of Chef Boyardee. :)

OK, no more home-grown mushrooms on my steak from now on.