Thursday, February 21, 2008

Head to head comparison


Just another head sketch today. Thought I would show the before & after in case anyone would find it interesting. I finished another page of the job I am doing with Jim Shooter. I need to get another one done tomorrow. I am hoping to get a couple of pages done this weekend for PERILS ON PLANET X . Good thing I took last Sunday off otherwise I might not have had a day off this month. This piece was done in my sketchbook using color pencils with some Photoshop colors added.

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Both of these are nice, but I always seem to prefer the "less finished" piece for some reason. Unless of course, i am paying for it. HAHA

Wonder what causes that? :)

Gene Gonzales said...

Darn, I was thinking I could do a really rough sketch for you at the con, and still charge the full price. ;)

Craig Zablo said...

There is something cool about rougher pieces... but those colored ones do pop!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

I like seeing both the rough and final together. Something about seeing the two together ...the sum is greater than the parts??

Gary