Saturday, October 20, 2012

White Rabbit - Rough stuff or It's a hard knock life

Here is another idea that I had that illustrates the problems I have with the traditional comic size paper for commissions and general pin-ups. I worked on this pose forever it seems. Trying to get the anatomy right. It's not done and I still didn't get the left foot right yet. I did all of this digitally based on a little doodle I did on the corner of a manuscript. Normally I set my page size to 11" x 17" but forgot this time. And the size I did have looked close enough to fool me. As you can see by the box, which represents the 11" x 17" format, her leg will be cut off. If I make her smaller to fit, the figure is too small.


The solution it seems is to bend one or more legs. I tried just bending the left one but it didn't look right. I like the two legs bent better. But I still like the legs straight out best of all.

White Rabbit © DC Comics

See the kind of stuff an artist has to deal with. It's no wonder we are prone to drinking and cutting off an ear. :)

Have a good weekend everyone!

This is post #1864



4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Think all of the thought in the design phase will pay off with the finished piece!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Absolutely Gary. As long as I don't over think it.

Royce Thrower said...

Posing beautiful women....Hey, it's a tough job, but someone has to do it! Right?

Unknown said...

I really like her with her legs up like that.. she looks more playful.