Thursday, July 29, 2010

Harley Quinn - Canson Cutie Pencils

Harley Quinn © DC Comics

I thought I would share the next step in the Harley commission. I took the 3" x 4" sketch I posted yesterday and enlarged in Photoshop to fit on an 11" x 17" piece of paper. I printed that out at 10% black so it was only a faint image. I worked out the drawing over that image. I drew in the Joker face on the mallet and flopped the Batman shadow for a better composition. I will now use my light table to transfer the image to a piece of red Canson paper.

The red behind the image above is done in Photoshop, just to give an idea of how the image looks with the background color. It's not exact though.

This is Post #1029

3 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Thanks, please keep sharing the steps in the process!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Like Gary, I love to hear the details about the process! This one is looking better and better all the time.

Unknown said...

i agree with gary and royce! continue to teach us!