Thursday, June 25, 2009

HeroesCon - Post Game 2

Late post today folks. I did a painting I plan to share but I was also watching a 9 hour download of high resolution convention sketches. These images are here thanks to DIARY OF NIGHT creator/writer Will Allred. Everybody give him a round of applause.
These two sketches were done for Rob Ledfords sketchbook. The top one is Lar of Opar from Tarzan. I don't know anything about the character but Rob gave me a few things to think about in order to create this image. Below is one of my favorite subjects to draw: The characters from Mars books. John Carter and Dejah Thoris. I went with a fighting Dejah this time instead of the reclining Dejah. :) Thanks Rob!
Since the files took so long to download and I had to prepare them for posting, I only grabbed two. Be here tomorrow when I post eight more images to finish up the HeroesCon Post Game. :)

5 comments:

Lan Pitts said...

can't wait to see the rest.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Both sketches are nice, but really like the Lar of Opar. This one seems a bit differnt for you, not sure why it is clicking for me, but it is!

Hey, bring on the rest!

Gary

Will Allred said...

No applause necessary...I got to look at all the great art! I have to agree with Gary, the Lar of Opar is amazing...there's something different about it.

Royce Thrower said...

I agree with Gary, the Lars sketch is beautiful!

Will was a scanning machine at the con for many artists. His work is truly appreciated! Thanks Will!!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Lan.

Gary - Thanks. I think because I had no idea what the character looked like, I may have approached the whole thing differently. I don't know. Glad you like it though. :)

Applause is completely necessary Will, you worked your tail off with all the scanning requests! I don't have a beer right now, but I am hoisting my cup of coffee to you right now. :)

Thanks Royce!