Friday, December 27, 2013

Zatanna


Zatanna © DC Entertainment

I was never a big fan of this costume (the original fishnet version being my introduction to the character probably has something to do with that) but it does have a special place in my life:

The very first comic book professional I met was Gerry Conway. Gerry did a signing at Passport Comics in North Hollywood. I brought some comics for him to sign and was surprised he had a stapled script of the issue where this costume debuted. And the comic hadn’t come out yet!!!! It was months away. I bought two scripts from him for $10. I had never read a comic script before and it was fascinating. Then the comic came out and I was surprised how I had seen all the art in my minds eye months before.

Below is a picture of the scripts. I came across them during a move and tweeted the photos to Gerry. He seemed to have gotten a kick out of seeing them again.




No comments: