Friday, May 13, 2011

Thursday, May 12, 2011 - (While Blogger was down)

Below is a reposting of the blog entry I did over at my website gonzoartstudio.com while Blogger was down. The idea of doing that was to preserve the daily posting of artwork. I'm moving it over here for continuity.

Looks like Blogger did what I was always afraid of...went down and left me in the lurch. One of the reasons I wanted to put my blog here is the never down nature of Squarespace. This post will be the absentee post for today on Blogger. Still maintaining my record of daily posts, just in a different place out of necessity.



Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

I have been trying to find moments to work on my own projects each day. I only concentrate on one panel and only do one thing. Rough, or draw, or color. Never staying with it too long because of other work. So far this week it seems to be working for me. So I will try and stay with it. Looking at one panel at a time is not as daunting as looking at a whole page. The above image is a detail from my Moon Girl strip I am working on. I did the rough on paper and did the inks in Photoshop.

This is Post #1319

2 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Glad you were able to negotiate those terrible web waters Gene and maintain the streak. Through vacations, cons, anniversaries, birthdays, Christmas, etc, you haven't missed a dday. Still the best most amazing streak .. EVER!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Royce. Blogger has always been a concern for me. Surprisingly this was the first down time that I can remember for them. But it was over 20 hours so when they go down, they do it big. I'm going to try a make a better habit of archiving the blog on my site. It had been over a year since I did the last back up.