Saturday, October 16, 2010

Smallville - Old School!

Superboy and related characters © DC Comics

Today I had an email exchange with Royce about Superman Family characters and it sparked an idea. I had to put it to paper otherwise I would forget. Between the emails and the excellent SMALLVILLE episode last night, I was inspired with the idea of doing a "movie poster" piece that reflects Smallville from the comics I grew up reading. I don't know when I will get around to it, but I will. :)

This is Post #1107

7 comments:

Little John said...

Oh..this is excellent!

Royce Thrower said...

Holy Cow! Now THAT is a GREAT IDEA! Love that composition! You HAVE to finish and color that one of these days! And I agree, Smallville turned a corner Friday night. Excellent excellent episode. "Superman" is on the horizon.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

This would be a cool piece to commemerate the last season of the TV show.


Gary

dicecipher said...

Wow. That brings back some fond memories.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks LJ!

Royce, that episode had me geeking out. It was pretty great.

Thanks Lisa!

Thanks Gary!

Gene Gonzales said...

Diceciper - Yeah, for me too. It was fun trying to throw in things I could come up with off the top of my head. I was real happy about the Pete Ross scene. :) Thanks!

Brian Jones said...

Outstanding! I agree you must finish this...now I'm bummed I stop watching Smallville a few years ago..Netflix to the rescue!