Saturday, October 9, 2010

Lil Timber Wolf & Guest Artist Dakota Gonzales

Timber Wolf © DC Comics

Still having fun with the Lil Heroes. They are something I can pick up and put down in between scanning and working. Today I wanted to try a Legionnaire. I know, big surprise. :)

Guest Artist of the Week

I thought I would try something different and special. As I may have mentioned, my daughter Dakota is an artist as well. Though her mother and I have encouraged her artistic endeavors from an early, early age, I have never given her any instruction. She is a self taught artist who specializes in digital painting. So with her permission I thought I would share something she finished last night. Done in Photoshop using a Wacom Tablet and her MacBook Pro laptop.

Artwork © 2010 Dakota Gonzales

This is Post #1100

6 comments:

Little John said...

Wow. Very nice Gene. I Like the Lil' Legion.

Dakota's digital art is very nice as well. I like the colors on this piece.

Royce Thrower said...

Both are nice works! I guess Dakota is sort of a "Lil Gonzo!" That is appropriate during this little theme you have going.

Unknown said...

awww yeah

Patman said...

The apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Dakota's gonna need her own blog...

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Thanks for sharing Dakota's artwork! She is a very busy young lady and I am happy she finds time for her art interests!

Gary

Carolyn said...

Very good Dakota,
Maybe you need to visit this blog more often.
Love Mamaw