Thursday, August 13, 2009

Pittsburgh Comicon Advance Sketch List

Pittsburgh Comicon is four weeks away and I thought I would open up an advance sketch list for those that are interested. This worked pretty good for HeroesCon back in June for everyone so maybe we can do it again.


Here's the deal: If you are sure you are attending the Pittsburgh Comicon and would like a sketch from me, send me an email with your request(s) with "Sketch List" in the subject line. My inked sketches start at $50.00 whether they are in your book or on the 11"x17" bristol board I bring with me. I will not be doing color work at the show but I will be doing some color requests before the show and bringing them with me. If you are interested in something in color, let me know and I will get you a price.


The rules are simple but they have changed a bit: You don't have to send any money in advance, but you can if you want to using Paypal. This is the only change from previous shows. Otherwise you just have to attend the convention and can pay there. If you are having a friend pick up the art for you, please let me know who it will be and make sure they have the money. I will not be mailing any artwork. If I am doing your request on my paper, most likely the art will be done ahead of time so please plan on picking it up the first day of the show. I don't know how many advance requests I will take, it really depends on the type of requests. If you have any questions, you can ask here or in an email.


And lastly, if you are going to be at the show, please stop by my table and say "HI!"


Thanks to my buddy J.C. Vaughn for allowing me to use the ZOMBIE PROOF art I did based on his comic of the same name. I don't think I need to point out why I would use something zombie related when talking about Pittsburgh, do I? :)

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I am coming to Pittsburgh for sure now!

Sign me up for a sketch, will get back to you on the topic.

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

Hope everyone has a load of fun at the show. I will make it that show one of these days! Keep Gene busy, Gary. You always pick great themes. Another Josie perhaps?

Brian Jones said...

Put me down for a canson

Craig Zablo said...

I am diggin' this darker side to Gene's art. Seems he's stretching different art muscles. LOL!

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - You got it! I look forward to seeing what you would like done. :)

Thanks Royce! It's a fun show, it's not as big as Heroes, but it has a great vibe to it. And the auction for the Make A Wish kids is always great! Oh and the quick sketch for the CBLDF is great too! :)

Brian - You got it!

Craig - Thanks. I really don't know what made me take this trip but I'm glad it seems everyone is enjoying it. :)