Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Dejah Thoris, Princess of Mars - Canson Cutie

I managed to finish this one this morning. It was mostly done from the rough I posted yesterday so it went pretty quick. I'm real happy with this one. I think the color of paper I chose works well here. The ink was done with PITT artist pens. I used a #132 (sorry, they don't have color names) for all the lines except for hair. There I used a black brush pen. I like the results of not having the stark black lines on everything. It makes some of the color transitions from the background to her skin much more subtle. I might have to pick up some more colors of these pen brushes. The rest of the piece was done with color pencils, graphite, white acrylic paint and Staedtler triplus fineliner pens. Yup, mixed media is much easier to say.

4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Wow! The thing I notice (and is very known and obvious to you) is how you work with the texturing of the paper to create color and shadowing effects. The paper color definately helps to make the piece.

Well done!

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

Another Canson Cutie beauty!

Royce Thrower said...

Beautiful Gene, beautiful!

Brian Jones said...

Booty-ful :) sorry...no i'm not ;p