Monday, April 14, 2008

Danger at Boogie Board Bluff

Wow, what a day. I was busy, busy, busy and didn't get a darn thing done. Every so often everyone hits a wall, today it was my nose flattened against it. One project in particular has me perplexed. Trying to wrap my brain around doing something in the opposite way that I normally would has got me stumped. I'll get through it. Sometimes I just need to walk away from it for a bit to make it work in my mind and then I am on my way. So that's what brings us to this little sketch. The finished piece will have the girls tan lines showing. A variation on the Coppertone ads using a crab instead of a dog. This was sketched in my sketchbook with a color pencil.

5 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I love the fact that you seem to casually knock these treasures out in your sketch book. Hopefully, this one will be a finished piece...and will include "Royce the crab" as part of the final art.

Very well done!

Gary

Royce Thrower said...

HA HA. That crab really IS just like me!

Love the playfulness here Gene! Can't wait to see this one finished!

Good luck with the mental block. Nothing is as frustrating in my experience, but time heals all such things.

Royce Thrower said...

Just realized that Gary and I were leaving our posts at pretty much the same time. Hey Gary!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Hey Royce!

Uh...maybe an indication that I am spending too much time on this blog!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - No, you are not spending too much time here. I appreciate all the comments and feedback. Royce is just stalking you, that's all. ;) Thanks guys!