Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Sketchbook Wednesday




Gotham City Sirens © DC Comics
Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

It's a sketchbook Wednesday folks. Wednesday's seem to be the toughest day between work, this blog and the other weekly blog I do with Joe Pekar. I didn't have time to finish anything for today's post here but I thought I would still share the roughs for the piece I did for our theme blog.

The theme was Gotham City Sirens. And one thing I am trying to do on the other blog is break my normal style a bit. Stretch some muscles, new and old. The top image is the final rough I did for the finished piece. The bottom represents an idea I had, but not the time to execute. I thought it would be fun to show a group of Batman villainess' playing Batman: Arkham City in Wayne Manor. Catwoman would be messing with the wall safe of course and Alfred would be serving. Bat-Signal in the sky would show through the window. Fun stuff. :)

Head over to the 2-Point Perspective blog to see the finished piece.

This is Post #1495

1 comment:

Brian Jones said...

Hope you revist that idea...sounds like a fun piece :)