Thursday, October 6, 2011

Digital Sketchbook Thursday


Artwork © 2011 Gene Gonzales

We are having a brief intermission from the Conventionless Convention Sketches today. Only because I had a day that turned my brain to mush. And I really didn't want to finish the piece I am working on with a mushy brain. That can lead to bad things. Nobody wants mushy brain sketches.

I have had this image sitting on my computer for just over a year. It was done in Photoshop, based on a photo I took. I open the photo file in one window and do all the drawing and painting in another window. Every so often I come back to it, work on it, throw away all I did, work on it some more, keep some of what I did, save and put away. While sitting here waiting to hear back about something, I opened it up and put some more work into it and set it aside when I got the okay on the work I was doing. Once that work was done, I thought about inking the sketch, but then thought better of it. (Remember the whole mushy brain thing at the beginning of this post?) So instead I noodled with the above image some more, to the point where I will say it's done. I don't think I have ever shared this piece at any stage so here it is complete. Unless I mess with it some more. :)

We will return to the Conventionless Convention Sketches tomorrow.

This is Post #1475

2 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Interesting. I like it! Always a good thing to see something a little different to remind us that you are not only a comic artist.. but an "artist."

Gene Gonzales said...

Thank you Royce, that means a lot to me. :)