Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Digital Painting Practice — Pin-up


Artwork © 2010 Gene Gonzales

Just a digital sketch for today. I was playing with my digital line work and decided to slap some color on it. Sorry I haven't gone into any descriptions of my process or what I am attempting to do. I've had some really long hours lately and if I wait until the end of the day to post, I am just too wiped out for words. My brain is only working on lower levels. Simple thoughts like "Fire bad. Tree pretty." (Points if you get that reference without using a search engine).


Things will calm down a bit by the end of next week. I am working on a hard deadline of Sunday night. Job going to a printer in Arkansas for proofing copy on Monday. Flying to Arkansas on Tuesday, meetings Wednesday morning and then a lunch meeting. Fly back late afternoon Wednesday. It won't calm down by much as I have a new job starting next week and more illustrations needed for the yet another book in the series of grammar books I've been working on. Oh, and then there are always revisions. :) But it won't be as hectic. I'm not complaining at all, mind you. If fact I am very, very, very grateful for the work. It's nice to do what I love for a living. That is something I never lose sight of. :)

This is Post #1144

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

OK, had to look it up. :)
Never was a watcher of Buffy though, so I have to plead ignorance on this one. Stoked to see that Shelton just announced you for the show in June! Woohoo!

Gene Gonzales said...

Buffy quotes fly fast and loose around here. Those and Notting Hill quotes. :) HeroesCon will be here in no time!

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Gene,

Glad that you are finding the work to pay the bills! Good luck on the air travel, bet you are looking forward to those pat downs. Note, I will be traveling to Europe next week, so I get to endure them too!

Gary