Monday, May 3, 2010

Sketchbook Monday - DALGODA & crew


A couple of weeks ago I bought two pages of original art from one of my favorite comic series, DALGODA, written by Jan Strnad and art by the incredibly talented Dennis Fujitake. DALGODA was the title character, a canine like alien, who comes to Earth asking for help to save his race from another alien race. The book had drama, humor, adventures on Earth, political intrigue, space adventure and so on. And in issue #4, Dal ends up on a south pacific island, surrounded by island girls. What more could you want? This is my poor attempt to draw the main characters, Dal, Gunner and Posey. This was done in my sketchbook.

This is Post #939

4 comments:

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Thanks for the insights on the Dalgoda title, was not aware of it!

Gary

Craig Zablo said...

Hey Gary -- reverse the letters of the series title for an added "bonus".

I fondly remember the series. I was a regular reader as well. Nice sketch, Gene.

Gene Gonzales said...

Gary - Dalgoda was published by Fantagraphics in 1984. You can find all eight issues of Dalgoda and the following four issue mini series Flesh & Bones featuring Dalgoda on eBay for really cheap. Good read.

Craig - When I first saw a house ad for the title I thought it was just a little to cute. But the book made up for it.

Doc Thompson said...

Not a big fan of DALGODA,still drawings ok