Thursday, May 1, 2008

May Flowers

Just a quick one today folks. Just finished the Neuroscience book. I hope, anyway. Though there has been two passes at the art, there might still be some revisions. But the bulk is done. I still have two paintings to put some time into tonight. The goal is to get far enough ahead so we can take our daughter to meet her favorite writer, Erin Hunter of the WARRIORS series of books. Ms. Hunter will be in Vero Beach, Florida Sunday for a signing. So we are making the trek across the state to the east coast. Should be fun. But I've got work to do before that. :) Todays sketch is from the sketchbook. Color pencil and Photoshop. A play on the "April showers bring May flowers" line. Would have liked to fill up the page with flowers. Maybe if I finish it...

5 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Erin was in NC this week. My nephew meet her in Charlotte on Tuesday and had nothing but great things to say about the encounter.

My grandparents live outside of Vero Beach so say hello to them for me. :)

Oh, nice sketch! If she needs help deadheading..let me know.

Mika Star said...

Nice job Gene! I like the way flowers flow over her.

BTW I grew up in a lil' town just south of Jacksonville, FL.

Anonymous said...

that's wonderful!

Arlene,
Federal Way flowers

Gene Gonzales said...

Royce - Cool, so your nephew is a Warriors fan. Dakota is such a fan she taught herself HTML and created two different fan sites with a role playing chat window. I'll say I to the grandparents for you! Thanks!

Starlady - Thanks! Grew up just south of Jacksonville? We've been here on the gulf coast for almost two years now and we love it!

Arlene - Thank you! And thanks for stopping by!

Mika Star said...

Yes, I grew up in Middleburg,FL. My mother actually lives in Crystal River, FL now.