Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Harley Quinn - 1968



Harley Quinn © DC Comics

I had this in my mind and had to get it down on paper. Harley in a 1968 mode was a given, but it wasn't until I thought of actress Goldie Hawn did I put it together. I could see Goldie (1960s) as Harley.  What a perfect fit. I didn't draw Harley to look like Goldie, but having her in mind did help the process. The baby doll outfit and a modified scarf over her hair seemed to fit the personality of both. I even added some quick digital color to the piece to help define the placement of the red areas.

Ink, Copics and digital color on Bee Paper Hemp Sketch paper.

This is Post #1762


6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this so hard! Simply fantastic!

Unknown said...

Also, I was hoping you would starte these again! I looked at the older posts earlier and really missed them. Keep this series going!

Royce Thrower said...

Fun Girl! Wait, that was on The Andy Griffith Show...

Brian Jones said...

Groovy! I could totally see Goldie pulling this off back in the day :)

Gary M. Peiffer said...

She looks like she is ready for Laugh In! Really cool piece Gene!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks everyone, glad she was a hit with you all.