Wednesday, November 10, 2010

More Tiki Sketches


Artwork © 2010 Gene Gonzales

Just a few more sketches from my sketchbook today.

Full day of commercial work, and I finished a commission today. It's a gift so I have to hold off posting until Sunday. That was the last commission on my list.

It was also a shopping day. I ordered a bunch of books and bought a couple of Bob Oksner Mary Marvel pages from DC's SHAZAM title of the 1970s. I am really on a big Oksner kick lately. I was planing to get a Bob Oksner SOOZIE sunday original, but the Mary pages showed up and I had to have them. And one of them has Tawky Tawny on it!!! How could I not get them? Guess I will have to start saving up for that sunday page. I know, I have a problem. :)

This is Post #1132

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

What a wonderful problem to have though Gene! I know you won't reveal your source, but I would love to know where you get those Oksner pages! Would love to own one or two.
Nice sketches by the way.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

"I cut you"....hilarious! The Tiki Guy has a lot of personality!

Gary

Gene Gonzales said...

Hey Royce, go to http://www.fanfare-se.com for Bob Oksner art. Thanks!

And he's dangerous! Thanks Gary! :)