Friday, February 24, 2012

Sea Witch - Finished


Artwork © 2012 Gene Gonzales

This sea witch is a commission done for Christian. It is done in ink and watercolor on 9" x 12" Bristol Board. Thanks Christian!

I am working my way through my commission list as quickly as I can without rushing anything. Because no one wants a rushed piece of art. Including me. So everything is being done in small chunks of time each day. This piece is a good example of that process. When I can share the work in progress of a commission when I am busy, I don't have to do something specific for the blog. Two birds, one stone kind of thing.

Luckily Monday is another deadline. So for a week I will be freed up to work only on commissions. At least that is the plan. For those that are on the list and patiently waiting, thank you. I don't think anyone is past the eight week window yet but I still hate making anyone wait. There are some commissions that can't be shared because they are gifts, etc. But if your commission can be shared as work in progress posts here, please let me know.

Have a good weekend everyone!

This is Post #1617

3 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Very cool Gene! Awesome design, with those tentacles. Scary and cute at the same time.

Gary M. Peiffer said...

Nice job Gene! I like the webbed hands!

Gary

Little John said...

Very nice! Turned out great!