Sunday, December 26, 2010

Rainbow Seahorses FTW!

 Artwork © 2010 Gene Gonzales

I showed bits of this above artwork when it was in progress. This was commissioned by my friends Tom & Anne Marie for their daughter Katie. The image incorporates a very long and fun series of nicknames they have for Katie. This was a lot of fun to do and I really feel honored they asked me to do this. Thanks Tom and Anne! (This was done in color pencil and fluid acrylic.)

And for fun, here is a piece they commissioned for their other daughter Shelby. This was done way back in 2002. After all these years it was very cool to see the painting hanging in Shelby's room when I visited them last year. Yup, very cool indeed. :) (This one was done in gouache.)


Lilo and Stitch © Disney

This is Post #1177

4 comments:

Royce Thrower said...

Two beautiful pieces Gene! thanks for sharing!

Brian Jones said...

These are wonderful :)

Unknown said...

Love it!

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks everyone!