Friday, June 1, 2012

And now a word from your humble host...

I will be posting some art work later but first I have a few announcements to make...

Let's start off with something really cool!  I hope everyone is aware that Joe Pekar (my partner in crime on the 2-PT Perspective Blog) has started his own blog. You need to check it out asap. See what he has in store for everyone and help him start off with a bang! Congrats Joe! http://joepekarart.blogspot.com/

HeroesCon 2012 is coming up fast and in spite of everything going on around here, I am slightly ahead of schedule with the advance sketches. Anyone on the list planning to pay in advance through PayPal, please feel free to do so. I will post your finished art here. I plan to have all the art done before the show and start a new list there. And I am really looking forward to seeing everyone.

Lastly...

For the last few months I have been doing some thinking about the future of this blog. As almost everyone here knows it was started as an experiment to see if I could post new artwork everyday for one year. That was almost four and a half years ago. I never had an end date planned after that first year. I just kept going. So after much thought, I have decided that this blog will end it's daily run of art posts on January 1, 2013. That will make it a solid 5 years. I know the announcement is early. I mean, six months plus to go. But this makes it real for me and sets a goal. I like goals. Also, notice I said the blog will end it's "daily run of art posts". I will provide more information over the next six months of some of my plans. Thanks for being here all these years and I hope you will continue to visit.

Check back later for another HeroesCon 2012 Advance Sketch of the Legionnaire Tyroc.

This is Post #1720

7 comments:

Michael May said...

Five years is an impressive run and something to be proud of. I'll look forward to hearing about what you have planned next.

Mike said...

I admire both the effort you have made to generate a drawing each day and to establish a time to bring that era to a conclusion. I have enjoyed seeing your work and hope that I have learned a thing or two from it, which may not be what you were setting out to do, but it happened anyway. I look forward to your next leap forward!

Mike

Gary M. Peiffer said...

I will look forward to checking Joe's blog.

Need to think of something really cool to end the Daley posts!

Gary

Brian Jones said...

an epic run Gene...thank you for it...I hope the blog continues in some version and I promise to be along for the ride!

Royce Thrower said...

Wow, the day that maybe needed to come but nobody wanted to come. I can imagine the pressure that the daily posts have occasionally made. I remember a few times when computer troubles threatened to push the post past midnight. I can only say that I remain stunningly impressed at the streak. FIVE years! Just incredible. Really really incredible Gene. Anniversaries? Post. Christmas Eve? Post. Vacations away from home? Long weekend getaways? Birthdays? Post. Post. Post. I am speechless. Feels like Seinfeld or Mash finally deciding to end their own incredible runs. They needed to to do so to allow the principles to move on to other things, but still a time of melancholy to be sure for those that look forward to the shows. Wow. Just wow. thanks Gene and I hope you enjoy the next seven months! I know we will.

Craig Zablo said...

I do hate to see the daily posts end, but man, what an impressive run.

Gene Gonzales said...

Thanks Michael.

Mike, thanks. It wasn't my intention to teach but if you learned something of value here, great!

Gary - I think you will enjoy Joe's blog! We have some time to cook up something. Another reason to break this news early.

Thanks Brian, I appreciate the support!

Thanks Royce! Surprisingly it's been a smooth ride except for the outages from time to time. And it wasn't a chore, I made a commitment and all of you would show up. I always said all of you made this blog easier. If it was just me, I might not have made it a year!

Thanks Craig. While it wont be daily, it will still have a schedule to keep it on. Can't have this thing go all willy nilly can we? :)