I have been working a bit at a time on the HERCULOIDS commission I am doing. Gathering references and doodling the characters here and there. Here are the preliminary steps before I transfered the drawing to the board it will be painted on.
Top: These are the three concepts for the commission. It was decided to mixed the movie poster elements of B with the layout of A. These sketches were done in pencil.
Middle: I've enlarged the chosen layout for comparison to the tighten up pencils. There are some changes of course. I changed the stance of main figure in front. At the time I did the rough I didn't pay attention that he wears a skirt/loin cloth/thing. The position of his legs in the original sketch made it a revealing situation. So less action, more heroic, and everything stays where it should. :) Also, with the addition of the logo and credits at the bottom, I had to close up the characters a bit vertically.
Bottom: Here is a relatively tight finish. I may take one more pass at it before I transfer the drawing to the final board. This is done in pencil on a sheet of 8.5 x 11 copy paper. The slight repositioning of some characters were done to keep the viewers eye in the illustration and not wander out. I've added some arrows to the image to show what might not be very apparent when looking at the image.
The next stage will be projecting the image to the illustration board.
I hope everyone is enjoying the first weekend of Spring!